– Interactive Q&A discussions with all the event’s top celebrities, superstar artist sessions and costume contests for adults and children are among the highlights on the special programming schedule at Wizard World Ohio Comic Con, set for Sept. 28-30, 2012, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Patrick Stewart, Eliza Dushku, Stan Lee, Val Kilmer, WWE® Superstar CM Punk® and others will answer fans’ questions in panels that are often surprising and always entertaining.
Some of the most interesting scheduled sessions include:
- Celebrity Q&A’s featuring Stewart, Dushku, Lee, Val Kilmer, Punk, Dean Cain, and Boondock Saints actors Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery and David Della Rocco
- Artist sessions focusing on various facets of the industry: breaking into the industry by Neal Adams; pitching publishers by Tyler Kirkham; crafting stories by Michael Golden; reflecting on Spider-Man with Humberto Ramos and Paul Jenkins
- Kids Day on Sunday, with a full slate of activities specially designed for the youngsters
- “Drink and Draw” event featuring many of the top artists in a more casual setting
- Music, prizes and fun at the always unpredictable Wizard World Masquerade Party
- It wouldn’t be Wizard World Comic Con without cosplay and costume contests – adults on Saturday night, kids on Sunday
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated Programming Room (Room E172) at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Many are included as part of standard Wizard World Ohio Comic Con admission; VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities. Seating for panels is strictly limited and available on a first come first serve basis and each room will be cleared between panels. Programming subject to change; attendees should check the schedule board on site for updates.
Programming at Wizard World Ohio Comic Con is available in detail at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-ohio.html, and scheduled as
Friday, September 28
9-11:00 p.m., Wizard World Drink & Draw (Ballroom Foyer, 2nd level)
Saturday, September 29
11 – 11:45 a.m., Storytelling With Michael Golden: Taking It To The Next Level (Room E172)
12 – 12:45 p.m., Eliza Dushku Q&A (Room E172)
1 – 1:45 p.m., Humberto Ramos & Paul Jenkins (Room E172)
1 – 1:45 p.m., Stan Lee Meet & Greet – Paid Event (Room E160b)
2 – 2:45 p.m., Star Trek Panel W/ Patrick Stewart & John De Lancie (Room E172)
3 – 3:45 p.m., Alan Davis Q&A (Room E172)
4 – 4:45 p.m., The Boondock Saints Q&A (Room E172)
5 – 5:45 p.m., Val Kilmer Q&A (Room E172)
6 – 6:30 p.m., WWE® Superstar CM Punk® Q&A (Room E172)
7 – 9 p.m., Wizard World Adult Costume Contest (Room E172)
9 p.m. – 12 a.m. – Wizard World Masquerade Party (Tavern on Front)
Sunday, September 30
11 – 11:45 a.m., Stan Lee Q&A (Room E172)
12 – 12:45 p.m., Neal Adams Q&A (Room E172)
1 – 1:45 p.m., Dean Cain Q&A (Room E172)
2 – 2:45 p.m., Wizard World Kids Costume Contest (Room E172)
3 – 3:45 p.m., Stan Lee Meet & Greet – Paid Event (Room E160b)
4 – 4:45 p.m., Jorge Molina Q&A (Room E172)
Lee, Stewart, Punk®, Dushku and Cain headline the Wizard World Ohio Comic Con celebrity roster. They will be joined by many of the world’s greatest comics creators, exhibitors and thousands of fans in a celebration of all things pop culture in an expanded format, which now includes a preview on Friday evening and two full weekend days.
Top creators include Eisner Award Hall of Famer Adams (“Batman,” “Green Lantern”), Alan Davis (“Captain America,” “Thor”), Eisner Award nominee Ramos (“Amazing Spider-Man,” “Impulse”), Eisner Award winner Jenkins (“Spider-Man,” “Hulk”) and many others.
Wizard World Ohio Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in
pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Show hours are Friday, Sept. 28, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 29, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Sept. 30, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more on the 2012 Wizard World Ohio Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-ohio.html.